Montefiore is looking to purchase (yes, with $$$) artwork to display in their multitude of medical centers. It is open to artists who live or work in the Bronx.
Is that you? Read below for more information from Montefiore (via BX200):
The Art Acquisition program strives to:
• Collect original artwork of high quality in design and concept;
• Showcase the wide range of excellent artwork created by Bronx artists with diversity in theme, medium, and execution
• Appeal to a wide audience: children to adults, who come from a wide range of socio-economic backgrounds
• Reflect and support the Medical Center’s mission as a world-class patient centered integrated academic medical center.
CRITERIA FOR ARTWORK
Seeking submissions from artists with a connection to the Bronx for a variety of artwork to be considered for future purchase or commission for Montefiore’s new Fine Art Program and Collection.
Seeking positive and contemporary artwork of all styles. Artwork for consideration includes sculpture, two-and three-dimensional artwork, oil, watercolor and acrylic paintings, photography, prints, mixed media, glass, mosaics, wall sculpture, fabric art including fiber/textile, new media, ceramics, recycled material, etc.
Art will be placed in main lobbies, waiting rooms, corridors, consultation rooms, patient rooms and a variety of other public areas. Artwork must be suitable and have a broad appeal for long-term use in a healthcare environment.
Artists must submit the information as identified below via email:
• A maximum of ten (10) works/artist, images must be saved as JPEGS
• clearly identify the following:
Title of Artwork
Date of Work
Media with Dimensions
Brief description of work as necessary
Retail value of work
• Artist’s statement and resume. Please include your full contact information: name, address, phone, email and website address.
All questions and submissions should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Montefiore Fine Art Program and Collection – Call to Artists/Bronx” in the subject line.